Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Romantic Ruxbin

I dedicate my first blog post to my dinner companion, Zoe!

When I excitedly told my friend Z how excited I was for the Girl and the Goat, she told me "phf, get on the real trends!" hahaha just kidding. But Z is def more hip to trending restaurants than I am! For that reason, last night we headed to:



The decor was spectacular! The ceiling was lined with papers torn out of cookbooks, the seats all made from refurbished benches and chairs, and the bench seating lining the south wall, made with seat belts as backing material. We shyly gushed about the interior to one of the proprietors, Jenny (?), only to have her let us know that the interior designer was sitting at the table next to us! More photos of the great interior can be found on Emily Johnston Anderson's blog!

I also overheard her tell the table behind me how it had taken 11 months to secure a location, and they began to renovate the interior in January. What a fast transformation!

FOOD
 This is the Avocado Toast. This is amazing.

From left to right: The Garlic White Wine Mussels with To..?? fries, Miso Tofu with masa and kale salad, and K-Town Empanadas.

The mussels were wonderfully garlicky and the salty fries were a perfect pair for the dish! The Miso Tofu was crispy outside and soft inside, and the masa was sweet. The bitter kale salad worked perfectly with this dish as well! The K-Town empandads were spectacular! Filled with kimchi-goodness, the fried stuffed pastry was one that was just too hard to pass up!

Strangely enough, though... one of the coolest things about Ruxbin? THE BATHROOM. I shit you not, haha pun intended:
iPhone's don't allow for the best of quality when it comes to photography, but this is a picture from inside the bathroom of the bathroom door. The bathroom door you ask? Well, it's pretty damn cool. To get inside the bathroom, you go inside this pod, light from above making you feel like you should walk in and say "BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY". haha But no, BIG ASS ARROWS show you that you need to turn the walls of the pod to get inside the bathroom. I can't explain it any better, just go check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcomed!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com